We WILL run out!

[QUOTE=“Sizzle Montyjing, post: 211526, member: 4047”]Which is why I’m always a proponent of [B]SPACE EXPLORATION. [/B]Also attempting to use renewable energy and sources for food and such would be a step in the right direction.[/QUOTE]

But wouldn’t it be better to use the money needed for space exploration for things such as renewable energy and helping the poor? Shouldn’t we be helping our own planet before venturing to others?

[QUOTE=“Frankie, post: 211696, member: 3177”]But wouldn’t it be better to use the money needed for space exploration for things such as renewable energy and helping the poor? Shouldn’t we be helping our own planet before venturing to others?[/QUOTE]
Well of course that’s more of an immediate priority, but just saying that in the long term, space exploration has strong chance of being extremely beneficial to the human race, as this planet can’t continue to contain a growing population.

For the water shortage I’ve always wondered why California and other drought stricken areas located near oceans and or large water sources don’t create desaltizitation plants? To me it seems like it would solve a huge drought problem.

I personally only plan to live on this planet another 30-50 years. BP have a conservative estimate of 53.3 years left of oil in the ground, some reckon its more some reckon its less. As I currently have no plans for children I don’t buy the “wont somebody please think of the children.”

The thing is we survived before oil then we burned trees and coal and coal was starting to run short then we found oil, now oil is running short and we have combination of nuclear and renewables. Hydrogen is also being investigated as a possible energy source also. As the years go we will develop more technology and we will meet the invariable questions of do we accept thats so far in its history nuclear energy has only killed a handful of people in a few accidents compared to coal and gas which have killed thousands in home explosions as well as in storage and in conversion to energy. I have no worries for the future.

As for cocoa… I am not going to die without it. Yea it will be something I might regal about in my old age but if I never see another bar of chocolate for as long as I live I think I could cope. Besides My dentist would likely thank me.

Drought areas of the US, well if the issue persists and there is no reasonable solution, except a pipe network connecting California with the great lakes then certain areas of California will be abandoned, over time (as quickly as 50 years) the eco system may recover and soon be able to support life again, then its just up to us whether to reclaim that land.

The main issue we have is the population. This planet can only host so many people. One day if the population keeps growing at the rate it currently is the natural resources of the planet will collapse, not becuase were driving too many cars or polluting, because the land wont be able to provide enough food. The water supplies will struggle to support us and the collective consumption and exhalation of human beings alone will cause our ecosystem to collapse and when that happens expect a lot of people to die. But thats some time after I am in the ground first!

[QUOTE=“Sizzle Montyjing, post: 212343, member: 4047”]Well of course that’s more of an immediate priority, but just saying that in the long term, space exploration has strong chance of being extremely beneficial to the human race, as this planet can’t continue to contain a growing population.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think in the long term we should explore space, but we shouldn’t be spending so much money on it right not, when the money is needed elsewhere.

The Labor government in Victoria built a multi-billion dollar desalination plant that they don’t need anymore because it started raining again, you’re welcome to borrow it?

This is why I would pour loads more money into colony missions to mars, as well as nuclear power.

[QUOTE=“oli, post: 211692, member: 579”]You guys will only rub yourselves off in your shit-coloured uniforms reminiscing about Mussolini’s fat ass.[/QUOTE]

At least Mussolini’s fatass held a job. Your idol Marx was an unshaven layabout who never once had to pick up a tool to make his own living. We’re not the ones who stimulate ourselves to dead corpses.

[QUOTE=“oli, post: 211685, member: 579”]Or LISO :p[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Vulpes, post: 211660, member: 3029”]Join the LLP today.[/QUOTE]

Right you two. I may no longer be a speaker but I am pretty sure that the rules still stands that you aren’t permitted to derail other threads and sections of the forum with Senate related discussions. The initial bit was borderline tounge in cheek but the fact that you two have taken it to the extends of debating each others party politics out with the designated area is really not acceptable.

@Campo[/USER], [USER=1]@Allegrif Leave this up to you guys to sort out.

[QUOTE=“TheRedcoat, post: 212600, member: 334”]Right you two. I may no longer be a speaker but I am pretty sure that the rules still stands that you aren’t permitted to derail other threads and sections of the forum with Senate related discussions.[/QUOTE]

We weren’t derailing, I was basically done until I found @oli had actually made an additional post where he went nasty. By that time, the politics had turned real. Seems like you’re blowing matters out of proportion.

[QUOTE=“RickyMcMoney, post: 211654, member: 2996”]Want people to stop seeing money as the meaning of their lives?
Tired of watching decadent consumption by the masses waste our natural resources?
Dubious about the idea that the free market will solve all of our problems?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Vulpes, post: 211660, member: 3029”]Join the LLP today.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“oli, post: 211685, member: 579”]Or LISO :p[/QUOTE]
Or AGC.:wink:

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211435, member: 2664”]I’m nervous for the future especially in the environment. I don’t know about you guys, but I want to keep things in safe keeping. Finding oil or getting oil from the deposits are getting slim. We are getting rid of the air we breathe and to keep us alive. We are even running out of cocoa to make chocolate. We really makes me worried is the water and money.

We are already experiencing a drought in California and if the people here don’t stop now with getting rid of so much water, there will be a mega drought that would take AGES to actually maintain and bring back water.

Money. It might be the root of evil but it makes the world go round. Now you guys seem to think that inflation is a bad idea and so is minimum wage. I for one think we need as much money as possible to get what we need to survive.

I worry very much for the future and to NOT die over something we can take care of easily.

What can we do to not run out of things[/QUOTE]
I agree. We need sustainable development, otherwise we will run out of our resources.

[QUOTE=“Frankie, post: 212579, member: 3177”]Yeah, I think in the long term we should explore space, but we shouldn’t be spending so much money on it right not, when the money is needed elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
Thing is the money will always be needed elsewhere, but I’m just saying that I agree with the first statement and that also, we should look more into what space exploration can do for us, as successful colonisation of other planets would secure a future for the human race.

But bottom line, sustainable energy and resources I’m all for, if we could add spaceships and moon-cities, even better!

[QUOTE=“Sizzle Montyjing, post: 212618, member: 4047”]Thing is the money will always be needed elsewhere, but I’m just saying that I agree with the first statement and that also, we should look more into what space exploration can do for us, as successful colonisation of other planets would secure a future for the human race.

But bottom line, sustainable energy and resources I’m all for, if we could add spaceships and moon-cities, even better![/QUOTE]

But once we found another planet for humans to live on, if there is one , then what would we do? It would be incredibly expensive to build on another planet for it to be possible for humans to live there. So shouldn’t we be focusing on renewable energy for our planet, helping those people in poverty, and implement a rule like China has regarding the number of children you can have, which might help reduce the overcrowding problem?

[QUOTE=“Vulpes, post: 212596, member: 3029”]At least Mussolini’s fatass held a job. Your idol Marx was an unshaven layabout who never once had to pick up a tool to make his own living. We’re not the ones who stimulate ourselves to dead corpses.[/QUOTE]
the [HASHTAG]#rekening[/HASHTAG] is real

[QUOTE=“Frankie, post: 212622, member: 3177”]But once we found another planet for humans to live on, if there is one , then what would we do? It would be incredibly expensive to build on another planet for it to be possible for humans to live there. So shouldn’t we be focusing on renewable energy for our planet, helping those people in poverty, and implement a rule like China has regarding the number of children you can have, which might help reduce the overcrowding problem?[/QUOTE]
Well, currently focusing on our planet yes, I was talking long-term, since this a discussion about future and long-term discussions.
I am completely aboard for giving this planet more focus, but looking outside of our own planet, and successfully pulling it all off would be the single greatest achievement that humanity has reached currently, and one of the greatest in what I hope is an incredibly successful and long history. It won’t be cheap, but figuring out how to suit hostile environments to our needs is something that would be hugely beneficial for us currently, being able to turn a desert into arable land would be huge.

I’m also not a fan of imposing restrictions similar to those that china has, I understand the necessity but they do infringe on some pretty basic personal liberties.

But It’s pretty clear my head has gone so far past the clouds it’s bouncing around the asteroid belt right now so I’m being a tad idealist here :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211435, member: 2664”]Finding oil or getting oil from the deposits are getting slim.[/QUOTE]

Meh.

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211435, member: 2664”]We are getting rid of the air we breathe and to keep us alive.[/QUOTE]

Meh. (Yewot, by the way?)

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211435, member: 2664”]We are already experiencing a drought in California and if the people here don’t stop now with getting rid of so much water, there will be a mega drought that would take AGES to actually maintain and bring back water.[/QUOTE]

Meh.

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 211435, member: 2664”]We are even running out of cocoa to make chocolate.[/QUOTE]

WHAT? DO SOMETHING!

[QUOTE=“Medvekoma, post: 213457, member: 1394”]Meh.

Meh. (Yewot, by the way?)

Meh.

WHAT? DO SOMETHING![/QUOTE]
-really, we are losing fuel and oil and you say “meh”?
-we are getting rid of the air we breathe having to cut down tree and burn them, filling the air with toxic chemicals and smoke and having the ozone layer dying. Meh? Really?
-go to California and see how bad it is there
-I know its a joke with “meh” but all of those hints are true

[QUOTE=“William cruise, post: 213484, member: 2664”]-really, we are losing fuel and oil and you say “meh”?
-we are getting rid of the air we breathe having to cut down tree and burn them, filling the air with toxic chemicals and smoke and having the ozone layer dying. Meh? Really?
-go to California and see how bad it is there
-I know its a joke with “meh” but all of those hints are true[/QUOTE]

• People will find a way, as they have always had. Think of fracking.

• Ozone layer dying was quite the hoax. As far as I can see there isn’t much of a noteworthy difference between 1996 and 2007.

• California. A place that is unfit for human habitation, yet the colonists insisted on settling down there. They knew it had earthquakes and droughts when they went there, there is no point in crying over it. What will be next? People living in Nevada will complain about the heat? Antarctic research base scientists start shouting about the fact that ‘It’s getting cold!’ ?

• Don’t worry, be happy.

Hello, I have actually written an article on tjhis topic. I hope this will further all of your interest and knowledge on this topic:https://medium.com/@ericysong007/the-state-of-our-water-supply-9c6cb0598b49