Well this sucks

I started back lifting weights about a week ago or so. Well, my knee is killing me and my wrist hurts like a mofo. The doc gave me some steroids and a wrist splint. He thought about taking an MRI of my knee and might if I don’t feel better after taking the meds.

I’m gimpy. :frowning:

just lesson the amount of weight and reps you are doing…sounds like you’ve over done it…rest up until you are well again then start slow

I only did it once though! I’ve had knee issues before, but never related to weight lifting. This blows.

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1082949”]I started back lifting weights about a week ago or so. Well, my knee is killing me and my wrist hurts like a mofo. The doc gave me some steroids and a wrist splint. He thought about taking an MRI of my knee and might if I don’t feel better after taking the meds.

I’m gimpy. :([/QUOTE]

Steroids?

You ain’t gimpy till you got my equipment.

I had to give up aerobics due to a bad knee. :frowning:

I just had to learn what I could do and couldn’t do. Try Winsor Pilates. I’ve had great success with that for toning and strengthening. I also lift 2 and 4 pound weights for my arms. Doesn’t sound like much, but I didn’t want to add bulk… I just wanted to keep toned.

He said they were a mild steroid.

I won’t disagree with that. If my posting that bothered you, I can remove it. I was just kidding around.

Red- that’s a common misconception. I’ll PM you a pic of me at my strongest. I got there doing weight lifting alone- hard and heavy!

Hotty… you mean the bulk thing?

Yes ma’am. Lifting doesn’t cause bulking. Eating in excess causes muscle growth. If you keep calories low, you aren’t feeding your muscles and they won’t grow.

My best friend blew out his knee lifting. Had to have surgery on it.

You ever try body weight exercise.

Obviously, you’ve looked into the lifting far more than me.

As I mentioned in the PM, I didn’t want a musclely look… I just want to avoid a flabby arm! :smiley:

Maybe I need to do a bit of research.

Okay good.

So you don’t look like this:

Deleted because of grossness.

No! haha

I actually have my personal trainer certification, so I have done a lot of studying up on it!

Ryder… that’s just gross imo. I’ve never worried about that kind of bulk! LOL!

imo thats way overboard…my lord