Well

My two week notice will be turned in tomorrow at Ingram. I’m tired of making good money but not getting the hours to actually make the money. It’s sad really, I love the job and I love most of the people I work for, but it’s time to put my priorities ahead of friends.

I got word from my friend yesterday that two people quit at his job so they’re hurtin for people. I’ll be going in tomorrow morning to fill out the apps, get ready for the tests and possibly have my interview right then and there. It’s basically a pest control place, I’d get to drive around town all day in a company vehicle spraying down businesses and houses. Sounds easy enough to me.

The best part is I’m guaranteed my 40 hours a week, and its basically a 9-5 job monday through friday, meaning I’ll have more time on the weeknights and weekends to party and work still at east of chicago. I’m thoroughly excited to be starting something new, basically a new notch on my resumé.

Wish me luck, even though I probably won’t need it. I’ll be able to afford things with the pay and more importantly the HOURS.

good. As long as you are going to be happy!! :slight_smile:

Yeah i will be much more happy. 80 hour checks vs 63 hour checks… yes… life will be so much better. After four weeks I’ll be up to 10/hour which is more than I make now anyway. I can deal with 9.50 an hour for those 4 weeks.

Only problem is I won’t get to see either Sarah or Annette anymore.

you have to think of you self first, and unless their 100 miles away theirs no reason you can’t see anyone,good luck in your new job. :rock

good luck james…hope it works out for ya

im in the same boat make good money but just cant get enough hours in… sucks but i need to find a new job soon that i can get 40+ hours a week easy

Good luck with the interviews. Will you get to pimp one of those cool little trucks with the dead bug on the roof??

haha! I don’t know, we’ll see.

Anyway, I went out tonight to see an old friend whom I hadn’t seen since August. WE get there and she’s singing karaoke looking hot as ever.

Around Midnight we decide to head out, i drive all the way through town and as soon as i get to my door, my phone starts ringing the VM ring.

I check my message and it’s from another driver at East of Chicago. Ok. SO I call her back and she proceeds to tell me that the LAST DAY THEY’RE OPEN IS ON THIS FUCKING SATURDAY!

It’s Thursday!!!

WHAT THE FUCK? OMG that pisses me off, I had to request saturday off so I could attend a grad party, so basically I’m screwed for money this weekend. My rent is FOR sure going to have to be late now. (two days, no biggie)

But Jesus, they gave us TWO DAYS notice… and the sad part is the GM told Ashley to NOT tell anyone so no one quits on them. FUCK THAT. I would have walked right out had I been working with him.

Troy can suck my fucking dick, I think I’m going to stop by the BBB office to let them know what kind of business EOC does. This is absolutely retarded, you don’t give 10 employees TWO DAYS to find new jobs JUST like that.

good luck dood, and i love your sig! :lol :lol :lol :lol

vampire dood was :owned

When you spray that junk on houses, Does any get on you? Is that safe? What if you want to have kids?

Have fun with the job

Re: RE: Well…

[quote=2000Si]haha! I don’t know, we’ll see.

Anyway, I went out tonight to see an old friend whom I hadn’t seen since August. WE get there and she’s singing karaoke looking hot as ever.

Around Midnight we decide to head out, i drive all the way through town and as soon as i get to my door, my phone starts ringing the VM ring.

I check my message and it’s from another driver at East of Chicago. Ok. SO I call her back and she proceeds to tell me that the LAST DAY THEY’RE OPEN IS ON THIS FUCKING SATURDAY!

It’s Thursday!!!

WHAT THE FUCK? OMG that pisses me off, I had to request saturday off so I could attend a grad party, so basically I’m screwed for money this weekend. My rent is FOR sure going to have to be late now. (two days, no biggie)

But Jesus, they gave us TWO DAYS notice… and the sad part is the GM told Ashley to NOT tell anyone so no one quits on them. FUCK THAT. I would have walked right out had I been working with him.

Troy can suck my fucking dick, I think I’m going to stop by the BBB office to let them know what kind of business EOC does. This is absolutely retarded, you don’t give 10 employees TWO DAYS to find new jobs JUST like that.[/quote]

So, let me get this straight.

You’re giving your notice and now you found out that your work is closing anyway? Am I getting that right?

Well James, Good luck with the job process. Hope it works out for you.

My notice was for Ingram books - it didn’t happen because I didn’t get my interview. BUT, EOC is closing so I didn’t have to give any notice, i turned in my stuff and said later.

What is EOC? A different job?

:tard

east of chicago… you quoted me above with it spelled out. :booze

Good to hear it hun! It sucks making little money for hard work-- trust me, I know! Target is slave labor!

Re: RE: Well…

east of chicago… you quoted me above with it spelled out. :booze[/quote]

Now, how in the hell would I have known your Indianan lingo? :dunno

:dunno :dunno :dunno :lol