What are a few things you sacrificed?

Have you sacrificed anything in the past for a relationship or any type of friendship? If so then what are a few things you’ve done?

I have lost lots of friends over the years, but maybe they weren’t such great friends after all

I dont really like the idea of saying you had to ‘sacrifice’ things. Why? Were you put under pressure to do so?

Surely you take on board all the person you love has or is and you find a way if its what you both want?

Nobody should really be sacrificing or losing their own self in one another

No not really, prolly the reason i find myself Single more often than not… When i was with my ex (the kids dad) i did however sacrifice who i was… i thought needing to be with him was a way of making me somewhat normal, however i quickly learnt

I gave up at least taking a shot at getting commissioned in the Marine Corps and I gave up moving to NYC. Sometimes I regret it, but I usually don’t. I think to some extent, there needs to be sacrifices. I think it’s very rare that two people have the exact same dream for their lives. There has to be give and take.

I don’t think anything you do for the betterment of your family/loved ones is a “sacrifice”. I think we all make concessions in life, we table things we think are important for another day, we prioritize according to the needs of those around us.

As a result of that we might look back and think we actually lost something along the way, when in fact when you mature a little, and if you have lived the right way you realize that living in service of those you love is the gift, in essence by feeding those you love with support, education, the difference between right and wrong, a good moral code I find that I am always fed as well.

If I had gotten married too young, started having kids too soon, then yes, I might have selfishly thought I was missing out on something.

I lived a full life before marriage and kids, traveled a lot, tried new things, had fun and excitement.

I have never felt for one minute that my wife and kids have held me back from doing anything, in fact they have given me the courage to move forward.

in a past relationship i “sacrificed” everything about me. i was young, dumb and didnt know any better. now i would have to agree with evan. i dont feel like i have given up anything for the life i have now. i may change certain things, but that is so my family can be happy. in the end thats all that matters anyway

Awesome post, Evan. I couldn’t rep you.

I think healthy relationships don’t require you to sacrifice. You may give up a new item or a trip or something but that’s just priorities, not sacrifice.

[quote=“Tyler Durden, post: 1076587”]I have lost lots of friends over the years, but maybe they weren’t such great friends after all

I dont really like the idea of saying you had to ‘sacrifice’ things. Why? Were you put under pressure to do so?

Surely you take on board all the person you love has or is and you find a way if its what you both want?

Nobody should really be sacrificing or losing their own self in one another[/quote]

:homo:Well said.

You mean besides all the random sex? :wink:

I’ve actually lost a few friends because of a psychotic girl that I was dating. And no, It’s not an exaggeration calling her that. I could share a few stories about her and what she’s done. <_<

But nothing all that major as all of those friends have since returned.

I have made a few… but that’s the kinda person I am. I please others not myself.

Having a job
A clean, tidy house
Doing what I want, when I want
Having more money
Peace and quiet when I want it

The most I can think of really is just sacrificing my free time to talk to this one girl who always called and wanted to talk. I didn’t mind too much but it kinda got abit out of hand sometimes with the 24/7 talks lol.