What are things you learned during a relationship?

[SIZE=2]Never make someone a priority when you are merely an option. [/SIZE]

That was DEEP

Even the most settled men can wander
A relationship is very hard work

Maybe i shouldn’t post in this thread…

Amen. :slight_smile:

Any relationship worth being committed to requires effort.

that good sex can buy you anything…like diamonds and a lap top.:ninja:eek:nod::24:

[quote=“Mystic, post: 1074158”]that good sex can buy you anything…like diamonds and a lap top.:ninja:eek:nod::24:[/quote]:24: :24: Repped!!!

that just because you think you are the best thing since sliced bread don’t go bragging that you invented butter either

Other than these above,

I’ve learned that it takes an incredibly strong woman to deal with me

That I’m an ass, but my wife still loves me anyway

There are things your partner will do that make you say - “That’s why I love you.”

If you can still laugh at yourself and the relationship after going through hell, things will be ok

I’ve learned that my marriage is strong enough to survive my husband’s antics on OTz. . .Tyler. :ninja :24: :nod:

You never truly know someone until you live with them.

I cannot fix people.

Eventually, I must get what I need in return. Otherwise, I cannot continue to give.

A healthy relationship is where both people give 100%, not just 50.

Honesty is truly the most important aspect of any relationship.

I need daily sex, otherwise I get cranky.

Hurting someone is just as hard as being hurt.

loving someone is easy its the realtionship that is work
love can be unconditional
it is possible to love someone so much that your heart physically aches
you can never really love someone until you love yourself first
loving the right person only enhances the best parts of you

Other than what has been listed?

Love has to be at least tested by being taken out of it’s comfort and convenient zone. That will tell you whether it ia love or if it is just comfort and convenience

Never take things for granted, that is the fast track to a stale relationship

It takes a split second for someone you love to be taken away from this world. Try to always be mindful of that as hard as it can be

Honesty, though it has been said before, it bares repeating

That once someone has an idea in their head, it’s damn near impossible to get it out.

That it works if you work it.

Spontaneity is the all healing balm for relationships; stagnation the poison

Just like computers, GIGO. Garbage in, Garbage out.

And know when to call it quits. When it’s going great, it’s going great, but when it’s dying, it’s time to get off that horsey and find another ride. I have tried twice to keep a relationship together only to learn the hard way that scared of being alone is not a valid reason to stay in a relationship.

[quote=“sofia76, post: 1074166”]That once someone has an idea in their head, it’s damn near impossible to get it out.

That it works if you work it.

Spontaneity is the all healing balm for relationships; stagnation the poison

Just like computers, GIGO. Garbage in, Garbage out.

And know when to call it quits. When it’s going great, it’s going great, but when it’s dying, it’s time to get off that horsey and find another ride. I have tried twice to keep a relationship together only to learn the hard way that scared of being alone is not a valid reason to stay in a relationship.[/quote]

:clap:clap:clap

Thank you Sammy…:slight_smile:

:homo:

I have seen people do it time and rime again. That and the “I am too old to be single” crap.

Find someone you click with first, no need to rush it

Lesson took twice to take hold. Now I’m in my early 30’s, single, one marriage under my belt, brilliant future ahead of me, I think that this time I get to choose what’s what. :slight_smile:

Indeed!! :thumbup

I am in pretty much the same boat