What President Did It Right?

In your own views, and with historical evidence, what presidency do you feel exhibited the best balance of fiscal responsibility and ethical treatment of the office of President?

Other than the obvious sexual shenanigans, I think I’d have to go with JFK.
He had big plans and in my opinion got dead because of them.

Washington…the first and only the best…he did win us Independence

plus he was in no one’s shadow

FDR. Because he had to be president in the Great Depression and Pearl Harbor and finally the Second World War.

did you know all his proposals for the new deal were struck down by the Supreme Court as being unconstitutional?

I am gonna have to think on this one.

For your viewing pleasure though is something tells a lot about the mindset in DC

Obama Could Be Most Fiscally Responsible President in History - Roll Call

[B]

Obama Could Be Most Fiscally Responsible President in History
[/B]

No I didn’t.

There are many economists who claim his policies extended the depression many years.

Also he was a two faced liar who swore he would never let us get dragged into the war and had people under him during that time dealing with the Nazi’s

[quote=“Wookiegirl, post: 1081249”]Other than the obvious sexual shenanigans, I think I’d have to go with JFK.
He had big plans and in my opinion got dead because of them.[/quote]
well then that disqualifies him :wink:

my bad…not all but some of the significant ones were…it seems we can’t understand that time period…we could exchange dollars for dollars…but to have that feeling…I just don’t know how people did survive…I know my mom’s parents were here…but had to move back to Ireland because my grandfather couldn’t work…

[quote=“Alien Allen, post: 1081253”]I am gonna have to think on this one.

For your viewing pleasure though is something tells a lot about the mindset in DC

Obama Could Be Most Fiscally Responsible President in History - Roll Call

[/quote]

:24::24::24::24:

[SIZE=7]OMG[/SIZE]

Anyone…AND I MEAN ANYONE…Who even thinks a cap-and-trade is the way to run free trade is a fucking moron

Oh and if we can try folks, actually do some research on the president(s) you pick…

Not just a post about your opinion

why don’t you just tell us instead since you probably already know.

I assume you are talking all time?

Harrison… He did not have enough time to fuck anything up :smiley:

Where I’m heading with this thread should become more plain as it goes on:D

You know how I think

Because he gave the working man a break? I can see some truth in that. Just because a policy might be good for corporations does not mean it’s good for the country as a whole (it’s citizens). It’s just like maximum profits are not necessarily good for the country as a whole when you kick the shit out of your employees or worse get rid of them. Yeah the CEO, BOD, and other Corporate Officers make off with the loot before the company implodes… wonderful.

Things were pretty good under Clinton and usually Presidents are praised or derided based on what happens during their watch, however I can never forgive him for NAFTA or the Monica affair. The good times might have just been good timing…

Lets see, I know who goes at the bottom of the “President Who Got It Right” list, the easily influenced, not so bright one who got it all wrong. But I won’t mention a name or a party. :wink:

Also he was a two faced liar who swore he would never let us get dragged into the war and had people under him during that time dealing with the Nazi’s

Feel like clarifying? You can express an intent and change you mind if something drastic enough happens. “Dealing with Nazi’s”- diplomacy? selling weapons to them?

Minor take a look at the book Trading with the Ememy

This gives some highlights but to get the real sense of what was going on you need to read the book. It is not easy reading due to the detailed accounting.

Excerpts Trading with the Enemy The Nazi - American Money Plot 1933-1949

I’m going to go with Clinton belive it or not. When the worst thing you can say about him was that he was a married man getting a blowjob off of some floozie, thats pretty good in the grand scheme of things.:wink: I know a lot of people rate JFK but I dont, some of the ways he dealt with Vietnam war were appalling not to mention his dealings with Cuba and being at least 50% responsible for the cold war.

How about that he committed purgery and got of scott free? Any other American citizen would never have gotten off that lightly. I could get into about him in many other ways as well.

Well I’ll admit, I’m not the most up on USA politics but wasn’t his purgery about getting a blow job off some tart. While I dont think his lying about it was very good, does it really matter to your nation in the grand scheme of things?

Or maybe I have got this completely wrong and its about something much more serious in which case I appologise for my mistake.