What say you about evolution and creation

I was mildly surprised not to find a thread like this already in this section, so if there is one please direct me to it…

We all know the long standing debate between creationists and evolutionists.

typically, the devout christians believe in the whole seven days deal. adam and eve. garden of eden. six thousand years ago, no more.

and then here come the scientists:
well, the earth is billions of years old. we came from the primordial soup. to the monkeys, then came cave men, then came humans, and then came the teenager at the laptop ( yes i skipped a few, deal with it).

so what do you think? is the world only six thousand years old, or did we come from monkeys? both ideas sound pretty absurd to me. but I’ll put in my two cents later. I want to hear what youz guyz think first:

God! Been loads of debates about this! No doubt this one will go on forever too!:wink:

i go with the scientific view…if it was adam and eve an awful lot of incest must have happened

I was trying to remember that thread where all the evolution videos were posted. This thread maybe a good one to peruse:

http://www.offtopicz.com/24366-prove-me-creationism-real.html

Evolution… by design.

No it’s evolution… by chance. :wink:

God knows how it was and and how it is still going down. We are blessed to be His creation and to be able to explore and study His handy work all around us. As to the specific details, I don’t know, but studying and speculating sure is fun and mind expanding.

Or be amazed at the wonder of nature without attributing it to any particular intelligent entity that we are not sure about. :wink:

And debates and forums like this will always go on because God doesnt exist. God does not come down to prove to anyone that he exist.

People see things in the world to believe God.

I see things in the world to disprove God, like pain and suffering.

Dont try to counter this comment by a book wrote by a man. All religions create god the same way, by saying god inspired them, and then writing a book.

People see the world, their existence, and try to understand and because our existence is beyond our understanding, God is one of the popular, easy to understand conclusions. Here is the shocker, if the term “God” simply represents the answer, I can go with that as I do think there is something going on in a spiritual realm. But it’s a completely vague answer as we just don’t know. Sure everyone feels this, or feels that, but what is that exactly- good feelings? I take issue with all of the undocumented particulars people promote as fact when really it’s faith they are promoting.

[quote=“Chieftan, post: 746080”]And debates and forums like this will always go on because God doesnt exist. God does not come down to prove to anyone that he exist.

People see things in the world to believe God.

I see things in the world to disprove God, like pain and suffering.

Dont try to counter this comment by a book wrote by a man. All religions create god the same way, by saying god inspired them, and then writing a book.[/quote]

This.

Evolution is really the one true logical way.

I was listening to an expert today on NPR who was saying that trophy hunting of endangered species is a very bad practice because of the impact on the gene pool. What I thought was really interesting is when he said, “today you don’t see the tuskers ( refering to elephants) you saw 100 years ago. The trophy lions manes (lions and manes) are not a big as they were 100 years ago.”

He was implying that by taking the biggest and the best of a species out of circulation, you’ve altered the gene pool in a negative way. This could be considered a form of un-intelligent haphazard design as carried out by man on his fellow creatures. :frowning:

first there was corn
then there were tortillas
jobs
better money
dollar$

…if you make them they will come
then came the mexican

So let me be the first to say I love you all my children… 'cept for the anti-semite dude.
hes like the ugly duckling of otz
:smiley:

ok ok seriously:
Evolution.

We are the lost 13th colony of the lords of kobol…

see here’s the thing.
this isn’t really evolution, but it follows the same train of thought.

the big bang.
if you believe in god, you have your explaination right there. god did it. but if you believe strictly in the science of it, where did it come from? there was nothing, and then all of a sudden, everything exploded in a pinpoint and expanded to eventually form our universe?
right.:24:

[quote=“pianoman49, post: 746086”]see here’s the thing.

the big bang.
if you believe in god, you have your explaination right there. god did it. but if you believe strictly in the science of it, where did it come from? there was nothing, and then all of a sudden, everything exploded in a pinpoint and expanded to eventually form our universe?
right.:24:[/QUOTE]

Well, if we knew all of the answers it would not be a mystery would it?

[quote=“pianoman49, post: 746072”]I was mildly surprised not to find a thread like this already in this section, so if there is one please direct me to it…

We all know the long standing debate between creationists and evolutionists.

typically, the devout christians believe in the whole seven days deal. adam and eve. garden of eden. six thousand years ago, no more.

and then here come the scientists:
well, the earth is billions of years old. we came from the primordial soup. to the monkeys, then came cave men, then came humans, and then came the teenager at the laptop ( yes i skipped a few, deal with it).

so what do you think? is the world only six thousand years old, or did we come from monkeys? both ideas sound pretty absurd to me. but I’ll put in my two cents later. I want to hear what youz guyz think first:[/quote]

First of all, that 6 thousand year age for the Eartfh, Universe and us is pure bullshit. It has nothing to do with the bible, which you can believe all you want, if you want to.

Based on an intricate correlation of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean histories and Holy writ, it was incorporated into an authorized version of the Bible printed in 1701

The above is from this site: Bishop Ussher Dates the World: 4004 BC

1701 AD folks, perfect example of how the orginial books of the bible have been altered, edited and corrupted over the years. That’s only 3 hundred years ago, not way back when, with god summoning Moses or some other biblical character and saying “Got your hammer ready and your chisel sparpened? Good! I want you to carve this in stone…”

The bible is mostly a book of metaphors. Ussher’s attempt to quantify it is one of the earliest and more profoundly futile attempts to use science to prove god.

[quote=“pianoman49, post: 746086”]see here’s the thing.

the big bang.
right.:24:[/quote]

but that’s the cool thing 'bout science…it’ll ask that question, and then go study the universe to learn the answer…along the way, it’ll come to grips with awe, humilty, and mystery…things that the question (and the answer, when it’s finally unravelled) will not dismiss, but amplify

as a result, we grow in many different ways…one of them is the increase in knowledge, and all its toys -technology- but also we learn respect, and reverance, and all the rest of the stuff a god tells people are important all the time, and that they accept as important because they believe.

the whole god thing imo, just demands first that you (the generic you) be lost, in order to come to the place of awe and humility and mystery, and then tells you that these things are not a part of the answer…they’re a part of the question…one that is put to rest by god, if you just believe.

i vote for asking the questions and not having the answers given to me. i vote for awe and humility -for standing on the blue of the sky- rather than the pride of comfort, sitting on the firmament of faith.

so…about this evolution thing…when do we start?

[quote=“siasl, post: 746089”]but that’s the cool thing 'bout science…it’ll ask that question, and then go study the universe to learn the answer…along the way, it’ll come to grips with awe, humilty, and mystery…things that the question (and the answer, when it’s finally unravelled) will not dismiss, but amplify

as a result, we grow in many different ways…one of them is the increase in knowledge, and all its toys -technology- but also we learn respect, and reverance, and all the rest of the stuff a god tells people are important all the time, and that they accept as important because they believe.

the whole god thing imo, just demands first that you (the generic you) be lost, in order to come to the place of awe and humility and mystery, and then tells you that these things are not a part of the answer…they’re a part of the question…one that is put to rest by god, if you just believe.

i vote for asking the questions and not having the answers given to me. i vote for awe and humility -for standing on the blue of the sky- rather than the pride of comfort, sitting on the firmament of faith.

so…about this evolution thing…when do we start?[/quote]

You are late to the party; we have been evolving for years! :smiley:

hehehe…just point me to the tongue-in-cheek smilie :wink: