What would you do?

If you found out that someone you had been dating for a long time was not straight like you thought they were but instead bisexual? Would you be able to deal with that? Even if the person said they had no desire to be with the same sex because they are with you instead? This is a hypothetical question by the way, a friend of mine is going through this and i dont even know what to tell her…

It wouldn’t make too much diff for me… but I would think it’s a lot diff for a girl to find out that her man is riding the pole.

Well. I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to deal with it. Do you constantly suspect said man of sleeping around with other girls? If that’s unlikely, chances are that it’s just unlikely that he’ll be sleeping around with other boys. Bisexuality does not mean “cheating slut”. It just means you dig both genders.

Hell, my hubby’s “pansexual”. I’m not threatened by the fact that he finds every gender variation attractive in their own ways. I find other men attractive, he finds other men and women and others attractive… it doesn’t mean anything about our relationship really.

yeah this friend is a girl…shes been with her bf for 4 years…i dunno i would be more upset that it was kept a secret from me for so long than the actual fact that he likes the cock. It would make me wonder what else he hasn’t told me before too…

If he hasn’t been with a man for over 4 years, then would he still be considered a bisexual? Just because I built homes 10 years ago doesn’t still make me a carpenter.

Sexuality doesn’t work like that…

Just because he hasn’t slept with a man in over 4 years doesn’t mean he hasn’t thought about it.

he flat out told her “I like to suck dick too”. But he says he hasnt since theyve been together.

That probably wasn’t the best way to break it to her…

well she flat out asked him is the story i get from her…and that was his reply. lol blunt but honest i guess.

Hmm. Well, it wouldn’t be an issue to me, but that could just be me, I guess.

I would probably give the person the boot. Yes it is different for a girl to find out that her man has fantisies about other men. That would just be disgusting for me. I don’t want to have to worry about the 2 of us checking out the same guy…that’s just gross.

I don’t have anything about gay people, but to just know that someone that i’ve loved and shared the bed with decided that he could go either way down the road…that’s just a bit to much for me.

Well if I found out my partner was bi I’d ask for a 3 some!:smiley:

Seriously though, I dan’t think it matters if they are faithul to you, cheating on your partner is just as bad, whatever sex they are going with.

I am surprised at your ability to be THAT optimistic in a real world.

[quote=“GuesSAngel, post: 317747”]I would probably give the person the boot. Yes it is different for a girl to find out that her man has fantisies about other men. That would just be disgusting for me. I don’t want to have to worry about the 2 of us checking out the same guy…that’s just gross.

I don’t have anything about gay people, but to just know that someone that i’ve loved and shared the bed with decided that he could go either way down the road…that’s just a bit to much for me.[/quote]

Totally reasonably understandable. I would say make up your mind or get out of my mind.

It certainly wouldn’t be an issue to me at all. As Leland said, being bi-sexual doesn’t mean you are a slut. It just means that you can be attracted to more people, but not that you will automatically be unfaithful.

Both my husband and boyfriend are bi, and it really doesn’t bother me in the least.

whatever makes you happy i guess, but its the others feelings who’s count as well; so if both are happy with the whole situation, then all is well, but if not, then its time to start the healing process, cause someone thinks the other is just gay… love, what a hard and rare thing to deal with these days!

wouldnt make much matter to me, my girl is bi or has bi tendecies…but our relationshiop is stronger then ever…so i guess its up to the individuals own morals and values