What's up?

I’m feeling kinda meh right now so, if anyone has some good news… I could use some.

Today I had fish and chips for lunch. They were legit.

I’m feeling pretty meh myself.
Just one of those nights.

But some good news is I’m going to be sleeping soon and it’ll be a new day tomorrow, and the ‘meh’ feeling will be long gone. :]

Good news is I’m not dead yet! WOO HOOO!!!

Sounds good. I worked. We had a party of 30 at the restaurant, which is a good thing but, we usually follow a protocol with paries this size like pre-orders. One of the restaurant manager’s jobs is to make sure to get those pre-orders to make things more convenient for not only the kitchen but the customer. See, if we just let all parties that size order off the menu… we’d be over preped & wasting alot of money get ready for orders that might not even come.

Today was a 3 item limited menu but tomorrow we have another that’s completely off the menu & worse, the owner approved it!:mad I know times might be a little tought right now but, does he have to throw out every principle that makes the kitchen run smoothly?

[quote=“daniellllleee, post: 1083888”]I’m feeling pretty meh myself.
Just one of those nights.

But some good news is I’m going to be sleeping soon and it’ll be a new day tomorrow, and the ‘meh’ feeling will be long gone. :][/quote]Trut!:slight_smile:

[quote=“canidae, post: 1083889”]Good news is I’m not dead yet! WOO HOOO!!![/quote]:24::winking:

You’re the Chef. He needs to coordinate this stuff with you. It’s your kitchen and the restaurant is nothing without you and your staff.

[quote=“shocker69, post: 1083890”]Sounds good. I worked. We had a party of 30 at the restaurant, which is a good thing but, we usually follow a protocol with paries this size like pre-orders. One of the restaurant manager’s jobs is to make sure to get those pre-orders to make things more convenient for not only the kitchen but the customer. See, if we just let all parties that size order off the menu… we’d be over preped & wasting alot of money get ready for orders that might not even come.

Today was a 3 item limited menu but tomorrow we have another that’s completely off the menu & worse, the owner approved it!:mad I know times might be a little tought right now but, does he have to throw out every principle that makes the kitchen run smoothly?[/QUOTE]

We had a party of 30 as well. Thank goodness I was only playing cashier tonight. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Darrell, post: 1083892”]You’re the Chef. He needs to coordinate this stuff with you. It’s your kitchen and the restaurant is nothing without you and your staff.[/quote]I’m only one of the chefs & I think the exec. chef already discussed this situation w/ the owner. That’s what’s killing me. He’s usually dead against this kind of booking.

The place has been a little slow since Lent started & I think the owner is afraid he might push away business by having customers make the pre-order but, he doesn’t realize how much it screws things up rather than help his business.

Sometimes I wonder if the man’s retarded.

[quote=“daniellllleee, post: 1083893”]We had a party of 30 as well. Thank goodness I was only playing cashier tonight. :P[/quote]Lucky you. I’ll bet your waiting staff knows what they’re doing… at least.

Our wait staff BLOWS!!! 1/2 of them don’t even know how to use the computer that prints the orders. I don’t know why the owner puts up w/ them.

I’m a little late, but some good news… TODAY IS FRIDAY!!! I have every intention of coming home at 2 and crawling in bed until Sunday. Sleep. Finally. YAY!

But yeah. It’s Friday!

It looks like we’ll get to take my son to the zoo. He’s gonna love the lions.

Amber- that reminds me of Madagascar- “It’s Friday, field trip day!” It’s not really a field trip, but close enough…

I call any time we leave the house a field trip. Field trips are generally learning experiences and he’s still learning about everything so it works.

[CENTER]:rockon::rockon:[SIZE=“5”]MINOWAMAN VS SHIBATA IS TODAY!!![/SIZE]:rockon::rockon:

:nanners::nanners:[/CENTER]

Tgif!