Worst timing ever!

Registration for classes opened up this week and continues next week. They let a small group start every three hours or so. BUT they decided to site upgrades this week. Soooo… I can’t get the page to load and I need to be able to register today! I’m very tempted to call down to whoever runs it and see why they felt the need to time it so poorly!

The college I went to thought that they should get up to date and do online registration. Except their servers can’t handle everyone so they crash and we end up having to go to register in person anyway. Sometimes the servers did work but they always screwed up the education classes so we would all have to go in person and then all be late for classes. I so glad I won’t have to deal with that again.

I can’t imagine registering by hand! How do they keep track of when the classes get full? They can’t have only one person doing it…?

My email isn’t working either.

There was four or five people doing it. The college only has about 2,000 students so there’s not that many people to take care of.

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1084383”]I can’t imagine registering by hand! How do they keep track of when the classes get full? They can’t have only one person doing it…?

My email isn’t working either.[/quote]
If I remember right you did not know if the classes were full. Those who signed up early got in. The slackers would get a note later on to find another class. It worked. Just not that efficiently but for 100+ years somehow we got by without computers :smiley:

I just can’t imagine… But it’s different when everybody can go at the same time. Our system is screwy. I’m a senior, my last name starts with B and a bunch of underclassmen got to register on Wednesday!

breathe Kim…it will be alright

It started working! YAY! Now I have to wait until 9 to register. I already have an okay from my 9:00 professor to come in a little late.

see…you stare at Snoopy and things get better!!!

When I was in college the registering was done by hand. They used index cards and files. There were only a certain number of cards for each class. Once all the cards were gone the class was full. It was easier as an upper classman than a freshman because of seniority. I still had a time getting certain classes i needed.

lol when I was a fresh beaner out of the pot and in middle school I used to be terrified of having to deal with class registration when I got to college (of course all I got to see was from movies and TV shows lol) teachers lined up @ the gym and hordes of people everywhere running and getting denied for classes… As you can see I have a bit of a phobia of crowded places lol.

Well in high school we used to run for classes, we got a day to go to school and run around and set up our classes and schedule as needed and it wasn’t too bad and it was good preparation.

hope you get all your stuff situated!

I’m in!

I remember registering by hand.

You faced a 4-hour line that wrapped around the Admin building.

This was at the same HCC campus that Dani goes to now.

Theses days, it probably takes her 4 minutes to get signed up.:mad

urgh how annoying