Would you ever?

Would you ever invite yourself and a guest to someone else’s house?

LOL, no.

My wife has a friend who has basically done this. My wife was taken aback as was I.

Never, but I’ve been on the receiving end of it…not good.

it’s just rude to do but people love to do it…and at the wrong times

Never… that’s just no good. :thumbdown

My wife diplomatically declined. She said she has a wedding to attend. Which she may or may not attend.

No way…well cept my parents lol. Even then I’ll tell em I’m gonna stop over but don’t know when so don’t be suprised when we do lol.

I’ve had a college guy that lives a block away that does this to me alot…til the last time when I had already been in bed from being sick and I was irritated with him. I did apologize for seeming rude and making him leave, but I was like you have my number…use it next time.

It really irks my chain when people stop over late unannounced because typically I will leave the door open and say don’t knock cuz I don’t want it to wake up my kids but when they don’t it never fails one of my kids gets up to see who was at the door.

No way, I wouldn’t think of doing it. I think it’s rude when people do it to us at home.

[quote=“AnitaBeer, post: 1082653”]No way…well cept my parents lol. Even then I’ll tell em I’m gonna stop over but don’t know when so don’t be suprised when we do lol.

I’ve had a college guy that lives a block away that does this to me alot…til the last time when I had already been in bed from being sick and I was irritated with him. I did apologize for seeming rude and making him leave, but I was like you have my number…use it next time.

It really irks my chain when people stop over late unannounced because typically I will leave the door open and say don’t knock cuz I don’t want it to wake up my kids but when they don’t it never fails one of my kids gets up to see who was at the door.[/quote]

We stop by and see the in-laws occasionally but always call rather than just drop-in and never at meal time. I hate to make someone feel like they have to feed us. This was just like Why don’t we get together and grill something at your house.

Never, i have manners.

Nope, never invite yourself over.

[quote=“AnitaBeer, post: 1082653”]No way…well cept my parents lol. Even then I’ll tell em I’m gonna stop over but don’t know when so don’t be suprised when we do lol.

It really irks my chain when people stop over late unannounced because typically I will leave the door open and say don’t knock cuz I don’t want it to wake up my kids but when they don’t it never fails one of my kids gets up to see who was at the door.[/quote]

I find this kind of funny because before phones were around this was the only way to see your friends. To simply walk over and knock on your door and now it has become unacceptable. I think the advent of cell phones has just spurred the issue on.

[quote=“KpAtch3s, post: 1082657”]Nope, never invite yourself over.

I find this kind of funny because before phones were around this was the only way to see your friends. To simply walk over and knock on your door and now it has become unacceptable. I think the advent of cell phones has just spurred the issue on.[/quote]

They still had telephones… you know, the kind you plug into the wall. :thumbup

I also referred to the time before they were invented. :slight_smile:

Well before that, people wrote to each other, made plans that way. :nod:

All of the time. I actually just show up and demand hospitality.

j/k not really that is very rude.

Nope…I’m really not that sociable :stuck_out_tongue:

Mmmm Sociables.

I am really hungry.

[quote=“333halfabeast, post: 1082663”]Mmmm Sociables.

I am really hungry.[/quote]Me too…I keep forgetting to eat :24:

wanna share yer crackers?

[quote=“Wookiegirl, post: 1082664”]Me too…I keep forgetting to eat :24:

wanna share yer crackers?[/quote]
If I had crackers yes. I just thought of sociables when you said the word, that is how hungry I am.