Would you say Yes?

The other day at while at work,I heard this song by a band called Flyleaf. The song was called “Cassie,” after one of the girls who died in the Columbine shooting. She was wounded, and when she came to, one of the shooters asked her if she believed in God. She said yes, and the guy shot her in the head. Here are they lyrics from that song:

Do you believe in God?
written on the bullet
Say yes to pull the trigger
Do you believe in God?
written on the bullet
And Cassie pulls the trigger

Its really freaking sad if yoiu think about it. Anyway, I wanted to ask all of you; if you were posed with a question like that - where if you told the truth, you would assuredly die - would you say the truth? I for one, don’t know. Its one of those things for me where it would have to actually happen for me to know. I hope I would answer truthfully, but I can’t say for sure.

i would lie (i know it is selfish and in this case a big sin) but think about it this way:

what if cassie didnt believe in god and she said no, then the experience could change her view and make her a believer. i know im pretty much set and solid in my political, ethical, moral, and economical views but i belive my future will in some way affect the outcome of more than just myself. i will grow up to have kids, family… and it goes on, but if i ended it now- well that takes away all of the power i have in the future. whereas i lie, well i make the future better for not only myself, but for people around me and a future family…

Re: RE: Would you say Yes?

[quote=AtlanticBlue99]i would lie (i know it is selfish and in this case a big sin) but think about it this way:

what if cassie didnt believe in god and she said no, then the experience could change her view and make her a believer. i know im pretty much set and solid in my political, ethical, moral, and economical views but i belive my future will in some way affect the outcome of more than just myself. i will grow up to have kids, family… and it goes on, but if i ended it now- well that takes away all of the power i have in the future. whereas i lie, well i make the future better for not only myself, but for people around me and a future family…[/quote]

well, not to be sadistic or whatever, but if you ended it now, you would make one person happy with the car, which would help that person out (by not him/her having to buy their own car, so they can concentrate on other important things like a house)… but anyways…

I would truthfully say no.

i love the differences we have on these forums. there could be a huge religious debate as long as it was unemotional. but if it was unemotional, the atheistic would win… not to push buttons with this post. i would actually enjoy a religious and even some political debates. im still young and my mind is somewhat able to be molded but then again, im pretty well educated myself

id actually start it, but i prolly would be “kicked” out (ignored) cuz id prolly start calling people things that would not be the most wise choice… so if one is started, ill offer some points that i see, but thats about it…

[size=7]YES[/size]

What a sad story! I’ve never heard about this girl being shot for believing in God.

Anyways, I’m sure she didn’t KNOW that they were going to kill her for saying yes, unless they said to her and she knowingly told them the truth. I don’t know what I would do in that situation, because I do believe in a higher being, but I don’t know if I believe in a lot of that religious mumbo jumbo.

I think I would probably say no because I’d be so scared, I wouldn’t know what to do.

I doubt that is literally a true occurrence… but, interesting question none the less. I personally would say whatever I thought would keep me breathing. I’m closer to an Agnostic Buddhist when it comes to religious affiliation… so my mind would tell me to say whatever I thought would improve my situation so long as it doesn’t negatively affect others.
Good question…

Never heard of that one!!! :dunno :dunno :dunno

Really though, Buddhist’s God is Budda right???..isnt that the fat guy in the oriental restaurants?? I’m not very familiar with the religion…but that in itself seems weird to me.

Never heard of that one!!! :dunno :dunno :dunno

Really though, Buddhist’s God is Budda right???..isnt that the fat guy in the oriental restaurants?? I’m not very familiar with the religion…but that in itself seems weird to me.[/quote]

i dont think they would label it as a “God” per se, prolly more of a guide on the path to enlightenment…

:dunno

I would say…