Y'all- I seriously need to know-

Is there some connection between hiccups and alcohol? The stereotypical drunk is always hiccuping, right?

No matter how little I drink, I hiccup. I think I’m dying over here. Mine get really violent… :frowning:

A hiccup is when you have something on your epiglottis and it’s your body’s way of getting it off.

Can I make it get off faster? (That sounds way wrong)

[SIZE=7]Boo!! ;-)[/SIZE]

Pinch the pulse in your left wrist HARD, whilst holding your breath for 10 seconds

This works EVERY time for me…truly

otherwise

BOO! Did I scare ya?

Usually they have to take their course unless someone scares you… :surrender

Nobody scared me. :frowning: Although the red did catch me off guard!

I think they’re gone though… knocks on wood

I usually take the biggest breath I possibly can & once full, I push as much air in my lungs as my body will let. This usually pushes out an air bubble that gets rid of the hiccups.

Only problem is… it doesn’t work when I’m buzzed too much.:frowning:

I just stretch my chest and take deeps breaths when I have the drinking hiccemups! :wink: Works for me every time.

I dunno why it doesn’t work as well for me. I think it might be because I’m too relaxed & my lungs are to flexable at that time to force out the air bubble.

:humm::Drunk_emoticon

They were gone until I opened this thread. I kid you not. I just started again. Not cool.

HAHAHAHA stupid hiccups!

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1097391”]They were gone until I opened this thread. I kid you not. I just started again. Not cool.[/quote]Are you drinking beerz?

I had a couple margaritas at dinner, but it’s been since before I made this thread…

Try making yourself burp somehow.

Drink soda. Blech

I’d try to keep burping. If that doesn’t help, you might have a problem.

If I get another string of them, I’m going to put them in the share your voice thread so y’all can hear how ridiculous they are. I almost get whiplash because they’re that strong.

[quote=“HottyToddyChick, post: 1097398”]If I get another string of them, I’m going to put them in the share your voice thread so y’all can hear how ridiculous they are. I almost get whiplash because they’re that strong.[/quote]Carefull. Too much of that can stop yer heart.

They can be pretty dangerous.

They’re crazy ridiculous. At least if I ever got lost, a search party could track me down. I’d just need a couple drinks and anyone within a couple miles could here it. (Provided I was in the middle of nowhere with no surrounding noises, in which case I should hope I would not get lost…)