You know what i hate?

windows. plain and simple… windows.

I have my resume on here through wordpad and microsoft word, from my computer to a disk to the computers in the office where there’s a printer at… I can’t import the specified text file and it gives me garbally goop. Fucking A. That means I have to go home and retype it all and send it to someone here through email just so I can print my fucking resume to fax it to a few companies.

Bastard windows.

F- for you Bill Gates, rich bastard.

go back home, open it from the disk, and save it to the disk as a .rtf (rich text format) and you should be able to open it on any other computer.

I was thinking you was talking about house windows at 1st

[quote=2000Si]windows. plain and simple… windows.

I have my resume on here through wordpad and microsoft word, from my computer to a disk to the computers in the office where there’s a printer at… I can’t import the specified text file and it gives me garbally goop. Fucking A. That means I have to go home and retype it all and send it to someone here through email just so I can print my fucking resume to fax it to a few companies.

Bastard windows.

F- for you Bill Gates, rich bastard.[/quote]

im thinking about doing something… but its not definite… and itll take awhile… just do the rtf format things like someone said, many word processing apps can read rtf files

[quote=lemon][quote=2000Si]windows. plain and simple… windows.

Bastard windows.

im thinking about doing something… but its not definite… and itll take awhile… just do the rtf format things like someone said, many word processing apps can read rtf files[/quote]

what might that be?

if the file came up as garbage, may just be that you pulled teh disk out too quickly while it was saving?

anyway, assuming that ISNT the problem, while the rtf advice is ok, you may want to just save it as a plain old txt file. that way you can open it in notepad in the worst case scenario

Re: RE: you know what i hate?

Word.

I send EVERYTHING in RTF format. Always.

[quote=artisan00]if the file came up as garbage, may just be that you pulled teh disk out too quickly while it was saving?

anyway, assuming that ISNT the problem, while the rtf advice is ok, you may want to just save it as a plain old txt file. that way you can open it in notepad in the worst case scenario[/quote]

notepad for documents suck, but it is the most compatible, cuz it only contatins the text of the file, not the formattin…

[quote=saj1420][quote=lemon][quote=2000Si]windows. plain and simple… windows.

Bastard windows.

im thinking about doing something… but its not definite… and itll take awhile… just do the rtf format things like someone said, many word processing apps can read rtf files[/quote]

what might that be?[/quote]

lets just say that certain steps need to be taken first before i get to the point of doing something about it :smiley:

What is windows :dunno

Post digger

A post digger is a window :dunno

You are a post digger

Explain that to me me no understand :dunno

http://www.offtopicz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2099

That still doesnt explain it :dunno

saved it as an rtf, brought it in and printed it out. I had to change it a bit cause i heard my superviser had gotten fired at Ingram. Had to take him off my resume as a reference.

[quote=lemon][quote=artisan00]if the file came up as garbage, may just be that you pulled teh disk out too quickly while it was saving?

anyway, assuming that ISNT the problem, while the rtf advice is ok, you may want to just save it as a plain old txt file. that way you can open it in notepad in the worst case scenario[/quote]

notepad for documents suck, but it is the most compatible, cuz it only contatins the text of the file, not the formattin…[/quote]

exactly, ideally, you could just save both, and have the txt as a last resort backup or something…

or you could not use windows, and transfer all files over network connections :smiley:

[quote=artisan00][quote=lemon][quote=artisan00]if the file came up as garbage, may just be that you pulled teh disk out too quickly while it was saving?

notepad for documents suck, but it is the most compatible, cuz it only contatins the text of the file, not the formattin…[/quote]

exactly, ideally, you could just save both, and have the txt as a last resort backup or something…

or you could not use windows, and transfer all files over network connections :D[/quote]

but see the thing is the network con has to be recognized by something… otherwise the data sent over the netcon wouldnt know what to do with itself… :dunno

[quote=artisan00][quote=lemon][quote=artisan00]if the file came up as garbage, may just be that you pulled teh disk out too quickly while it was saving?

or you could not use windows, and transfer all files over network connections :D[/quote]

my computer isn’t on any network…